Background

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Simpler White Chicken Enchilada Recipe

This is nothing like the PW one I posted which I absolutely adore and is a bit more work than this recipe, but seeing how simple this one was I just had to give it a try. I thought it was ok but my hubby and neighbors said it was great so I'm sure ya'll will like it too.

Ingredients:
 
10 soft taco shells (I used corn tortillas not flour I think flour for enchilada are awful and makes them like paste but thats just me)

2 cups cooked, shredded chicken

2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese

3 Tbsp. butter

3 Tbsp. flour

2 cups chicken broth

1 cup sour cream

1 (4 oz) can diced green chillies



1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan

2. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.

3. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.

4. Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to boil, you don't want curdled sour cream.

5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.

6. Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment