Background

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Truffle Pie (Kelly's Views)

I decided to try the Rich Chocolate Truffle Pie that Jen posted last month I believe. I did make a slight edit to the recipe for those of you who want to try it, but nothing too big :) Well I had found this on AllRecipes.com awhile back and Jen made it before I did. Well she did warn me that it was super chocolatey but man oh man is it chocolatey. This is def for the true chocolate lover! My husband refused to eat it because he said it had too much chocolate!! I could only eat a tiny piece when I did have it and I shared half with my neighbor...I'll have to ask their opinion on it here in the near future.

I did make the fresh cream that she posted as well and that is definitely a two thumbs up. Its literally the only part of the pie my hubby ate...plus I ate a lot of it too. Its great for strawberries yum!

But yeah I would try maybe a shortbread crust...maybe some fresh berries and only small pieces at a time unless you're a hardcore chocolate person! This pie will more than likely never be made in our home again...the search is still on for a different pie...although the triple choclate one is soo good...hmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment