Background

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Chili Dog Casserole

Chili Dog Casserole
*Do you even need a picture to know what this looks like? And yes I seriously made this! The buns actually got kinda crunchy on the bottom which I liked. I have been trying to figure out how to make kid friendly meals and this one caught my eye and yes you can laugh (Jen I know you are already). I did follow this one exactly LOL pretty hard not too!

Ingredients:
  • 8 hot dog buns
  • 8 hot dogs
  • 1 (15 ounce) can chili
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
3. Tear up the hot dog buns and arrange the pieces in the bottom of the dish evenly.
4. Slice the hot dogs into bite size pieces and layer the pieces over the buns.
5. Pour the chili over the hot dogs, sprinkle with the chopped onion, then spread the mustard over the chili and the onion.
6. Top off with the cheese.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment