Background

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tacos al Carbon

Tacos al Carbon

Ingredients
cooking spray
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced red bell peppers (about 1 medium)
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced onion (about 1 medium) (I didn't use this cause I ran out LOL)
1 (1 lb) flank steak, trimmed and thinly sliced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 1/2 teaspoons of olive oil
3/4 teaspoon salt
8 garlic cloves, minced (I used half as much)
8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (I used dried)
6 tablespoons fat free sour cream (I don't like this stuff so I don't use it LOL)

Directions
1. heat pan over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray. Add bell pepper to pan; cook 4 minutes. Add onion; saute 10 min or until veggies are tender. place pepper mixture in large bowl; cover and keep warm.
2. add beef to pan; cook 7 min. or until desired doneness. add beef to pepper mixture in a large bowl. Add chili powder, lime juice, olive oil, salt and garlic to bowl; toss to coat.
3. heat tortillas. spoon steak mixture evenly over tortillas. top each taco with cilantro and sour cream

Makes about four servings

No comments:

Post a Comment