Background

Monday, February 8, 2010

The Neglected Blog

I have been neglecting all my blogs but this one by far is the most neglected. I have tried a few new recipes lately and some have been super yum and some not so yum, but I figured I'd post them and let you determine which are the best of the best!

Sicilian Sausage & Peppers Rigatoni

What You Need!

1 lb. turkey Italian sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices

2 large green peppers, cut into strips

3 cups rigatoni, uncooked

1 jar (24 oz.) chunky spaghetti sauce

1 cup KRAFT Shredded Italian* Mozzarella-Parmesan Cheese Blend

Make It!

HEAT oven to 375°F.

PLACE sausage and peppers in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.

BAKE 15 to 20 min. or until sausage is done. Meanwhile, cook pasta as directed on package.

DRAIN pasta. Add to baking dish with spaghetti sauce; stir. Bake 15 to 20 min. or until heated through. Top with cheese; bake 2 to 3 min. or until melted.

I followed this recipe exactly. I wasn't too crazy about it but the hubby did and he took it to work and the guys loved it there as well too. I guess this is def a man dish!

Super Easy Cereal Bars



INGREDIENTS:


*1/2 cup peanut butter
*1/2 cup sugar
*1/2 cup honey
*3 cups Cheerios cereal
*1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
*1/2 cup salted peanuts (optional)

DIRECTIONS:

1.) In a small sauce pan, bring the honey & sugar to a boil over med heat. As soon as the sugar is dissolved remove from heat.

2.) Stir in the peanut butter until well blended.

3.) In a separate bowl, combine Cheerios, peanuts & chocolate chips.

4.) Pour the peanut butter & honey mixture over the cereal mixture… Stir until well coated.

5.) Spread into a buttered 9×9 pan

6.) Let cool, cut into squares and enjoy!

Another thing I didn't care, but the boys I sit for get wic and lots of peanut butter and cheerios. I was looking for a way to use the cereal without it going to stale because its a giant box and they don't eat enough of it by the time the next box comes, so I figured cereal bars would be super fun. Although I didn't care for the cereal bars that much the kids just LOVED them. I actually doubled this recipe and put it in a 13 x 9 pan and it was great. I made them again and added chocolate the second time (semi sweet chocolate chips).

I have a few more to add, but I'll do it in another post. Hope you enjoy these two so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment