Background

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Fiesta Meatloaf

I made meatloaf last night for dinner!! Ok this one totally surprised my sister! She emailed me who are you and what have you done with my sister!! So this is the first time ever that I made meatloaf! Ok so I watched Jennifer do it once but that doesn't really count.

I am still not a huge fan of meatloaf but its one of those meals that my hubby grew up eating so I went out on a limb and tried a Fiesta Meatloaf recipe. He liked it and it was much better with cheese! I don't know a meal that isn't good without cheese though!!

FIESTA MEATLOAF

 Ingredients:
  • 2 LB. LEAN GROUND BEEF
  • 1 PKG (6 OZ) STOVE TOP STUFFING
  • 1 C. WATER
  • 2 EGGS BEATEN
  • 2 TSP. CHILI POWDER
  • 1/2 C. THICK AND CHUNKY SALSA, DIVIDED
  • 3/4 C. FINELY SHREDDED CHEDDAR JACK CHEESE
Directions:
HEAT OVEN 375 DEGREES
MIX ALL INGREDIENTS EXCEPT 1/4 C. SALSA AND CHEESE
SHAPE INTO OVAL LOAF IN 13 X 9 PAN
TOP W/ REMAINING SALSA
BAKE 1 HR OR UNTIL DONE (160 DEGREES)
TOP WITH CHEESE AND BAKE 5 MIN. OR UNTIL CHEESE IS MELTED
LET STAND 5 MIN.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment