Background

Monday, February 7, 2011

Sloppy Joes

**So I'm not a sloppy joe fan but I figured I should start trying out some more kid friendly meals since we have a baby boy whole will eventually grow up and want kid friendly foods. I then decided to try to find a sloppy joe recipe that I would actually eat (because quite frankly that manwich crap blows) and I found this recipe on a budget friendly blog which one I can't think of at the moment, but me and the hubby really enjoyed this recipe which I was seriously surprised that I did!**

  • 1 medium onion, chopped finely
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 pounds lean ground beef
  • 3 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 – 8 ounce cans tomato sauce
  • 1 cup beef or chicken broth
  • a few dashes of hot pepper sauce
  • salt and pepper (to taste)
  • hamburger buns
  1. Brown ground beef with onion until onion is tender and beef is cooked.
  2. Add garlic and cook for approximately one more minute.
  3. Add remaining ingredients (except buns)and stir well.
  4. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  5. Serve over buns and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment